Friday, December 4, 2020

"Solitaire Game Play Options" Document is Now Available

 My "Strat-O-Matic Solitaire Game Play Options" document is finally available, in the Files section. It took me a lot longer than I anticipated to get this document completed. When you're the one who created them, and simply use them from memory, it all seems pretty easy. BUT, when you actually have to write them out, so that others may have a fighting chance of understanding, and implementing them, well, that was a whole lot harder than I had anticipated.

My next project is to create a YouTube channel, and then make a video, where I demonstrate how these solitaire game play options, as well as the rule adjustments from the "Strat-O-Matic Rule Clarifications and Adjustments" document, actually work during game play. I realized that this was a necessity, after reading through the five pages of rule adjustments and solitaire game play options in the above mentioned documents. If you read through those documents, and are trying to implement all of it into your games, you're probably thinking "WTF? This is WAY too complex! This dude is out of his mind!" But, if you see it applied in actual game play, you will find that these rule adjustments and solitaire game play options are not nearly as complex as they look on paper.

By the way, if you see like four weeks pass, without the afore mentioned video materializing, call me out on it; either via the contact link on the site, or via a message on the Strat-O-Matic Fan Forum. Sometimes I need a good kick in the butt to get me going!

No comments:

Post a Comment